Welcome to Buchanan Engineering
“…It is our duty as Engineers to provide well thought out, the best economic solutions that are correct and complete….. Safety has to be the number one requirement of any project. Engineers are charged with the duty of insuring the Public is safe and Douglas Buchanan, PE takes this responsibility seriously....”
Buchanan Engineering, Civil and Structural, PLLC, NC C31563 was established in January 2013 and now has license to practice Engineering in SC.
Douglas Buchanan, PE
- Grew up in Waynesville, NC – located in the mountains of North Carolina
- Graduated from Tuscola High School in 1975
- Attended UNC-Charlotte from 1975-1979
- Earned a Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Majored in Civil Engineering
- Minored in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineering License NC C31563 & SC 30870
1979-1981: Worked for Williams and Works Architecture and Engineering
- Part of the team that monitored Detroit Waste Water Treatment Plant.
- Part of a design team that designed roads, an airport apron, foundations and structural steel for a fire station, Federal Campground, a Waste Water Study, and various grading projects.
- In the 80s, Doug Buchanan PE taught part time at Central Piedmont Community College. The classes were:
- Reinforced Concrete Design – Foundations and Retaining Walls
- Surveying – The Basics for Surveying
- Project Management for Construction Projects – This included preparing bids from blue prints & specifications, and Critical Path Method analyses.